Turns out Menopause has a friend, and her name is Peri-Menopause, and she likes arriving early to the party. It begins with irregular menstrual cycles, due to declining function of...
Women's Blend | For Brain Fog, Sleep & Energy
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Supplement your body with this powerful blend of natural ingredients to help combat brain fog, promote a restful night’s sleep and support sustained energy production in a delicious choc-berry flavour.
Loaded with schisandra and zinc for clarity of mind and cognitive function; magnesium and selenium for deeper restful sleep; calming adaptogenic ashwagandha to lower blood pressure and fight stress; flavonoid packed cacao to improve blood flow to the brain and heart; rhodiola to combat fatigue and increase physical resilience; high-calcium kale to fight bone degeneration; anti-inflammatory acerola cherry for digestive and metabolic health; enzymatic wheatgrass to aid digestion; probiotic lactospore for digestive health and powerful antioxidants beetroot, goji berry and maqui berry to protect your cells from environmental damage and encourage vascular health.
Blend one heaped teaspoon (7g) into purified cold water or the mylk of your choice each day.
Maca Powder*, Cacao Powder*, Ashwagandha Powder, Green Banana Flour*, Kale Powder*, Goji Berry Powder, Acerola Cherry Powder*, Wheat Grass Powder*, Monk Fruit Powder*, Magnesium Citrate Powder, Beetroot Powder*, Maqui Berry Powder*, Schisandra Powder* Rhodiola Rosea Powder, Lactospore® Vegan Probiotic, Zinc Ascorbate Powder, Selenium Methionine Powder. *Certified Organic Ingredients
What are the symptoms of peri-menopause?
Perimenopause is the transitional phase leading up to menopause, and it can bring about various symptoms as hormone levels fluctuate. The symptoms of perimenopause can vary from woman to woman, but some common signs and symptoms include:
- Irregular periods: Perimenopause often begins with changes in menstrual cycles, including shorter or longer cycles, heavier or lighter flow, or skipped periods.
- Hot flashes: Like in menopause, perimenopause can cause hot flashes, which are sudden sensations of intense heat, flushing, sweating, and a rapid heartbeat.
- Mood changes: Women may experience mood swings, irritability, increased anxiety, or feelings of sadness during perimenopause.
- Sleep disturbances: Perimenopause can lead to sleep problems such as insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, or waking up frequently during the night.
- Vaginal changes: Decreased estrogen levels can result in vaginal dryness, itching, or discomfort during intercourse.
- Changes in sexual function: Some women may experience a decrease in libido or changes in sexual desire and response during perimenopause.
- Fatigue: Feelings of fatigue or low energy levels are common during perimenopause.
- Changes in skin and hair: Hormonal fluctuations can affect the skin and hair, leading to changes in texture, dryness, and thinning of the hair.
- Weight fluctuations: Some women may notice weight gain or changes in body composition during perimenopause.
Perimenopause is a normal part of a woman's reproductive life and can vary in duration for each individual. If you are experiencing uncomfortable symptoms or have concerns about perimenopause, reach out to your GP or one of our recommended menopause specialists who can provide guidance and support.
What are the symptoms of menopause?
Menopause is a natural process that is typically characterised by a decline in hormone production, primarily estrogen and progesterone. The symptoms of menopause can vary from woman to woman, but some common signs and symptoms include:
- Irregular periods: Menopause often begins with changes in menstrual cycles, including irregular periods, lighter or heavier flow, or skipped periods.
- Hot flashes: Hot flashes are sudden sensations of intense heat that can cause flushing, sweating, and a rapid heartbeat. They can occur during the day or at night (night sweats) and may disrupt sleep.
- Mood changes: Many women experience mood swings, irritability, increased anxiety, or feelings of sadness or depression during menopause.
- Sleep disturbances: Menopause can lead to sleep problems, including insomnia, difficulty falling asleep, or staying asleep throughout the night.
- Vaginal dryness: Decreased oestrogen levels can cause vaginal dryness, leading to discomfort during intercourse and an increased risk of urinary tract infections.
- Changes in sexual function: Some women may experience a decrease in libido or changes in sexual desire and response during menopause.
- Fatigue: Many women report feelings of fatigue or low energy levels during menopause.
- Changes in skin and hair: Menopause can contribute to changes in skin texture, dryness, and thinning of the hair.
- Weight gain: Hormonal changes during menopause can lead to an increase in body fat, particularly around the abdomen.
Menopause is a natural phase of life, and while it may come with its challenges, it is also a time of new beginnings and self-discovery.
Here at Metamorphosis, we are committed to helping women feel and look their best through this transformative time.
How does menopause effect skin?
Menopause can bring about various changes in the skin due to hormonal fluctuations, primarily the decline in estrogen levels. Here are some ways in which menopause can affect the skin:
- Dryness: Decreased estrogen levels can lead to a decrease in oil production, resulting in dry skin. The skin may feel less supple and moisturised, leading to itchiness, flakiness, and a dull complexion.
- Loss of elasticity: Estrogen helps maintain collagen and elastin production, which are essential for skin elasticity. With the decline in estrogen during menopause, the skin may lose its firmness and elasticity, leading to sagging and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Thinning skin: Menopause can contribute to a loss of the skin's fat layer, resulting in thinner skin that is more susceptible to damage. This can make blood vessels more visible and contribute to a translucent or fragile appearance.
- Wrinkles and fine lines: As estrogen declines, collagen and elastin levels decrease, leading to a reduction in skin firmness and increased appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Uneven skin tone: Hormonal changes can trigger an overproduction of melanin, resulting in uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and age spots.
- Increased sensitivity: Some women experience heightened skin sensitivity during menopause. The skin may become more reactive, leading to increased redness, irritation, and a higher susceptibility to skin allergies.
- Acne and breakouts: Hormonal fluctuations during menopause can disrupt the balance of the skin's oil production, leading to increased acne breakouts or the appearance of adult-onset acne.
It's important to note that while menopause can bring about these skin changes, everyone's experience is unique. Not all women will experience all of these effects, and the intensity of symptoms can vary.
Adopting a skincare routine tailored to the specific needs of menopausal skin and seeking professional advice can help manage and address these changes effectively.
Where is the best place to start with menopausal skincare?
I'm just starting to get peri-menopausal symptoms, do I need Metamorphosis?
Everyone's experience with menopause is different, and it's important that you use products to support you at every stage of this journey.
Please reach out to one of our skincare specialists to recommend products that are right for you.
How long does menopause last?
On average, perimenopause can last anywhere from a few months to several years. The duration of menopause itself, after the final menstrual period, typically lasts around four to five years, but it can also vary.
Some women may experience symptoms for a shorter period, while others may experience them for a longer duration.
Menopause is a unique experience for every woman, and individual factors such as genetics, overall health, and lifestyle can influence the duration and intensity of menopause symptoms.
Why create a skincare line specifically for menopausal skin?
Vanessa Gray Lyndon, master formulator and founder of the most awarded natural skincare brand in Australia, Vanessa Megan, spoke to a friend who told her she was going through menopause. She told Vanessa about her extremely dry skin and said that everything she tried wouldn't quench her skin's need for more moisture.
Loving new areas of skin to investigate, Vanessa immediately set out to find a solution.
Firstly, she did extensive research on the hormonal changes women undergo through menopause, and the role they play in the transformation of the skin, so she could develop products that would truly support this transitional time in a woman's life.
As Vanessa explored the hormonal biochemistry of the skin, she researched how ageing skin loses it's vitality and why during menopause.
After a year long investigation, including consultation with medical practitioners, naturopaths and dermatologists, Vanessa began to understand the state of hormonally challenged skin, which in turn compelled her to find natural solutions to support these extreme hormonal issues.
Vanessa was elated to discover through extensive testing that phytoestrogens, molecules found in the reproductive part of plants, the seeds or roots, mimic the effects of oestrogen and are effective to help replenish lost elasticity in the skin of the face. They are safe, natural and can help replace what we lose naturally.
When she set out on the mission to create transformative skincare range, she had no idea it would take her two years to create, go through extensive dermatological testing, and refine every single formulation, but now... after over two years of research, formulation and testing, Metamorphosis has come out of it's own cocoon, and is ready to fulfil Vanessa's vision of helping women feel more confident through this transformative time in their lives.
"Would love to give Genesis more stars! One of my favourite products in the range, Refreshing, brightening and it works! Noticed a definite improvement on age spots."
"My skin feels brighter, smoother and more loved. I especially noticed the nourishing to my arms and legs."
"I've noticed less lines, in particular around my eyes and lips, and I feel more confident with how I look."
"LOVE LOVE LOVE Evolve. I've been using" it twice daily on lip area as well as eyes.
"My husband has commented that my skin looks the best it ever has, multiple times."
Ceramides play a pivotal role in maintaining our skin's health and appearance, and in this article we'll explore just how they work to unveil the secret to healthy, hydrated skin.
Menopause is another life stage, like puberty, however the response to the two are quite different. When a woman gets her first menstrual cycle she is welcomed into womanhood, however...